Nagyboldogasszony – Mary Chapel8647 Balatonmáriafürdő, Rákóczi Str. 63.
The chapel was built from the donations of the inhabitants and the holiday-makers in 1938, the ground was donated by Mrs Mihályné Domján. In 1960 it was extended and furnished with new benches. In summers choir of holiday-maker girls concerted regularly in the chapel with the leading of Lajos Bárdos in the weekend house of the MABI (Insurance Association of Private Employers). To his honour the monument of Bárdos Lajos (1899-1986) music scientist, conductor, and villa owner in Balatonmária was inaugurated in 1996. The celebrated conductor spent the summers in his Áldás (blessing) villa by the beach of Balaton since 1923, with his long family. The Mary sculpture found within the area of the chapel was presented by a family living in Italy in 2008.
Address: 8647 Balatonmáriafürdő, Rákóczi street 63.
8647 Balatonmáriafürdő, Rákóczi Str. 63.